Fujinon 50x optical zoom lens, bright F2.8-F5.6 aperture range, 3.0-stop lens shift image stabilisation, 1/2.3-inch 16.4 megapixel CMOS sensor, 5-Axis image stabilisation
FUJIFILM today launched the new FinePix S1 – FUJIFILM’ first weather resistant bridge camera (1) that can capture stunning photos, even in wet and dusty conditions.
The robust FinePix S1 is equipped with a range of advanced features including a newly developed Fujinon 50x optical zoom lens (24-1200mm in 35mm equivalent), a bright F2.8-F5.6 aperture range, 3.0-stop lens shift image stabilisation (2), 5-Axis image stabilisation, 3D noise reduction and 1/2.3-inch 16.4 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor.
Whether you’re in dry and dusty, or wet and rainy conditions, the weather resistant lens and body on the FinePix S1 - complete with 70 sealed areas - enables you to shoot high quality field images without the elements impacting on the general shooting environment.
Versatile lens design
The wide 50x optical zoom lens range (24-1200mm in 35mm equivalent) and additional Super Macro mode (for focus as close as 1cm) offers a huge array of shooting styles from wide angle scenic shots to tightly cropped telephoto framing. By effectively arranging the two aspherical lenses and four ED lenses in a structure of 13 elements in 11 groups, high image quality is successfully achieved with reduced aberration while superb sharpness is achieved from the centre to the edges throughout the zoom range.
Fujinon’s unique multi-layer Super EBC coating technology helps reduce ghosting and flare, enabling crisp, clear photos to be shot even under severe shooting conditions such as backlighting.
Fujifilm’s100x Intelligent Digital Zoom, complete with newly developed signal processing, provides even higher magnification. A new zoom out button also allows photographers to check framing by widening the field of view when the subject is lost.
Smoother images, faster shooting
The newly developed noise reduction system combined with the 1/2. 3-inch 16.4 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor on the FinePix S1 enables you to shoot clear photos in dark scenes at sensitivities up to ISO 12,800 (Size S images). The new multi-CPU processor has also improved responsiveness with a maximum AF speed of 0.14 seconds (2), start-up time of approximately 0.68 seconds (with Quick Start mode set to On), a shooting interval of approximately 0.65 seconds and maximum continuous shooting speed of approximately 10.0 frames per second (2).
When combined with SD cards that comply with the high speed interface standards UHS-1, it is possible to shoot images at a fast speed and not miss any shooting opportunities.
Improved movie recording
Using a dedicated movie button, the FinePix S1 offers high precision, full HD movie recording. The newly developed optical and electronic 5-Axis Image Stabilisation reduces blurring during video capture and a side lever also allows users to smoothly and freely operate the zoom with their left hand, while operating the shutter button with their right.
The 3D noise reduction function uses multiple frames to improve image quality at high sensitivity settings, while the Movie Scene Recognition function automatically sets the correct exposure for the conditions so photographers can concentrate on shooting. Eight of the Advanced Art Filter modes can be applied to movies and an integrated Slow Motion movie mode offers high speed shooting of up to 480 frames per second.
Functions such as Movie Trimming and Movie Join helps to speed up in-camera editing while an integrated wind filter and quiet lens design (during zoom and AF) has also improved sound recording quality.
Shoot and share wirelessly
The FinePix S1 offers remote shooting via a smartphone or tablet (3) with photos and movies easily sent to smartphones and computers using the same Wi-Fi connectivity.
Simply download and install the newly developed Fujifilm Camera Remote app, then press the dedicated Wi-Fi button on the camera to activate wireless LAN communication, enabling you to shoot remotely from a device, and zoom in and out to fine tune compositions and shoot movies.
Other FinePix S1 features include:
- A 920K-dot electronic viewfinder for better reproduction scenes in strong sunlight.
- Focus Peak Highlight function to emphasise the subject outline and other high contrast areas when brought into focus.
- RAW mode for more latitude in the development of images.
- Custom setting (C) alongside the usual P, A, S, M functions on the Mode dial.
- Function button to register shortcuts to settings such as white balance or ISO sensitivity.
- Multiple aspect ratios including 1:1, 3:2, 4:3 and 16:9.
- 10 different artistic effects – Pop Colour, Toy Camera, Miniature, Partial Colour, High Key, Soft Focus, Cross Screen, Dynamic Tone, Fish Eye and Low Key.
- High speed, multi-frame processing for recording two or more shots at different exposures. Combining them achieves High Dynamic Range results.
- Motion Panorama 360 mode for 360° panoramic shots, which are ideal for landscapes.
- An Interval Shooting function automatically fires the shutter at regular intervals defined by the photographer. Shots can be taken up to 10 minutes apart for a maximum shooting time of six hours.
FinePix S1 accessories include a Lens Hood, Adapter Ring (for 72mm filter attachment), Battery Charger, USB cable and AC Power Adapter.
FUJIFILM Australia Product Manager - Consumer Products, Melissa Butcher, said the FinePix S1 sets a new standard for bridge cameras with its weather resistant capabilities along with advanced features that enable the capture of excellent photos, even in dusty and wet conditions.
The recommended retail price for the FUJIFILM FinePix S1 is yet to be advised. The FinePix S1 is expected to be available in Australia in March 2014.
(1) Based on FUJIFILM data for lens integrated cameras with more than 50x optical zoom (as of November 2013).
(2) According to CIPA standards.
(3) Android TM smartphones and tablets; iPhone / iPad. (Android is a trade mark of Google Inc. iPhone & iPad are trade marks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S and other countries.)
FUJIFILM is a world leader in imaging, information and document technologies. With a commitment to extensive research and development, FUJIFILM provides a leading edge range of products and services that incorporate proprietary technologies which contribute to the advancement of such fields as culture, science, technology and industry, as well as improved health and environment protection. Ultimately, FUJIFILM’s aim is to help enhance the quality of life for people worldwide.
P: 0417 758 432 (m)