February 4, 2016
Fujifilm Corporation is pleased to announce the release of firmware version 4.30 for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.
As part of our continued effort to improve functionality of your camera, this latest firmware upgrades X-T1 cameras to add additional features requested by many users. It also makes the camera fully compatible with the FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens that was announced on January 15th, 2016.
＜ Firmware release date ＞
February 4th, 2016
＜ Firmware version ＞
Improvements with this firmware update
1. Using flashguns in Bracketing/Continuous shooting modes: Optional flashguns can now be used for bracketing and burst photography. When using the EF-X8, which is bundled with the X-T1, the flash fires in ISO, FILM SIMULATION and WHITE BALANCE BKT modes.
2. Instant AF Setting in manual focus: Focus and exposure can now be locked when the AF-L button is used in manual focus mode. You can shoot after locking AF and AE with your thumb.
3. AF+MF operation with AF-L button: When using the AF-L button to lock focus in AF+MF mode, you can still adjust the focus more accurately using the lens's focusing ring.
4. Focus zoom in AF+MF: The FOCUS ASSIST button can be used for focus zoom and you can fine tune focusing using the lens's focusing ring with focus zoom activated.
5. Additional Custom Display options: Functions have been added to the DISP. CUSTOM SETTING option in the setup menu. Choose the information you want, then concentrate on shooting.
Focus frame / Shooting mode / Information background / Focus mode / Shutter type / Continuous mode / Dual IS mode / Movie mode / Blur warning
6. The Fn7 Button: The movie-record button can now be used as a Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls.
7. Fully compatible with FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR: To be fully compatible with the lens, the new firmware supports focus limiter function for FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
Firmware ver. 4.00 (released in June 2015) brought substantial improvements to the following functions:
- New AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes
- Improvement of AF accuracy
- Eye Detection AF
- Auto Macro mode
- AF improvement in the Movie mode
- Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation
- Exposure Compensation control in Manual.
- Finer lines on the framing grid to enhance visibility
- Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion
Firmware ver. 3.00 (released in December 2014) brought substantial improvements to the following functions:
- High-speed electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000sec.
- Option to mute the shutter sound
- Classic Chrome Film Simulation mode for more creativity
- Natural Live View function - just like the naked eye
- EVF / LCD Color Control
- AF+MF function for seamless manual focusing
- Direct selection of AF area
- Interchangeable AE-L / AF-L buttons
- Ability to change the size of the Focus frame in Manual Focus
- Direct selection of Macro mode
- Customizable Q. Menu
- New video frame rates (50P / 25P / 24P)
- Manual shooting in Video mode
- Phase detection AF support for Instant AF
- Interlocking of metering and focus areas
- Shutter speed range expanded in Program Shift mode from 1/4sec to a maximum of 4 seconds
- Additional settings in Function(Fn) options
- Instax Printer print
- Software lock function added to avoid accidental button pressing
- Custom white balance options expanded from one to three
- Greater choice of EVF / LCD display options when shooting in the Manual exposure mode
- Support for PC-tethered shooting with HS-V5 software
- Ability to change Face Detection functionality in Focus-Frame Selection AF
- When pressing AE-L button, exposure is reflected in live view
- When AF is locked by pressing AF-L button, the AF lock is maintained during zooming
- Icon added to show RAW shooting is not available when an expanded sensitivity range is selected in RAW shooting.
[ Firmware update ]
This firmware is exclusive to the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition. Firmware is software that controls the camera body.
[ Product information ]
FUJIFILM is a world leader in imaging, information and document technologies. With a commitment to extensive research and development, FUJIFILM provides a leading edge range of products and services that incorporate proprietary technologies which contribute to the advancement of such fields as culture, science, technology and industry, as well as improved health and environment protection. Ultimately, FUJIFILM’s aim is to help enhance the quality of life for people worldwide.
FUJIFILM Australia Pty Ltd
P: 0417 758432 (m) E: email@example.com