Despite the trend toward smart screens, large-format liquid-crystal displays and other digital media, the wide-format printing business is still booming – particularly for shops that get creative with new and improved materials. Given the right equipment and a keen eye for design, just about any surface can become prime real estate for vibrant, well-printed ads and displays. Here are just a few of the diverse media available to wide format printers today.
Banners: The basic banner shape is perfect for a variety of venues, including product displays, trade show exhibitions and billboards. For customers who want even larger and more eye-catching ads, banners can also be applied to scaffolds, privacy screens and even the sides of buildings. Recent developments in banner materials include:
- Matte finishes that prevent reflection and glare keep consumers' eyes on your displays in bright conditions and help you outperform washed-out digital displays
- Mesh backings to protect surfaces and ink from erosion maintain images in even the strongest winds and storms
- Gloss finishes for more vibrant colors
- Tear-resistant papers for long-term outdoor displays help you offer longevity and value to your clients' purchases
- Flame retardants for fire- and smoke-heavy outdoor venues