If your business is participating in a bridal expo as a vendor, it’s important to learn how to make the most of your time and money. Space at these expos is sometimes pricey; however, if you come prepared your profits can far outweigh the cost of exhibiting.
There are several benefits of exhibiting at a bridal exhibition:
- Get your name out to a large audience
- Generate leads
- Create business relationships with other vendors
- Make sales
In order to reap all of these benefits, follow these four tips to ensure success at your next bridal expo:
- Research: The best way to learn what to do and what not to do at a bridal expo is to visit one. Find the booths that spark your interest, talk to vendors and see what you like and what you don’t like as a potential client. Also, be sure to take note of the obvious trends among vendors, and then think about how you can set yourself apart from the crowds in order to stand out.
- Stand Out: You want visitors who come by your booth to remember you among the many other booths they will stop by that day. This boils down to two things: your display and your personality.
Your display will be what draws people in. Create a booth that is both beautiful and memorable. Make sure your work is highlighted and choose pieces that won’t get lost in a sea of other bridal portraits. This may mean selecting the photos that make people want to stop and look further. These may be photos that have a different point of view – or maybe even a photo that makes people laugh or a photo that captures the emotion of the moment. You may also want to present your photographs in a unique and memorable way, such as on a large video projection.
Your personality is what will keep visitors at your booth learning about your business. Let potential clients know how passionate you are about your work and establish a rapport that ensures you will make them comfortable and relaxed on their big day.
- Network: Bridal expos are a great way to meet vendors who also work in the event industry. Networking before or after the show will allow you to build relationships with these businesses that will help build your company’s profile. Another perk of these shows is that many of your fellow vendors need photography services for their businesses. Cake shops, florists and bridal boutiques all require photographs of their latest work for their own marketing. This can result in referrals when these satisfied clients recommend your services to their bridal customers.
- Follow Up: Be sure to gather information from each of your visitors in some way. Options include a sign in sheet or even sign up cards for giveaways. Either way, collecting names and contact information is key. If you have time, make a few notes about the couples you speak to so you can have a reference when calling them for a follow up.
Bridal Exhibitions can be overwhelming for an event photographer, but you can reap all of the benefits if you go in prepared. Interested in learning more tips to grow your business? Download our free guide, “Best Business Practices for Event Photographers.”