-4K-compatible broadcast lens with the world’s highest 125× zoom
-Covering focal lengths from a best-in-class 8mm in wide angle to 1000mm in ultra telephoto-Capturing dynamic high-quality video in live coverage of sporting and music events
Tokyo, November 13, 2019 — FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of the FUJINON UA125×8BESM (UA125×8), a 4K-compatible broadcast lens with the world's highest* zoom of 125×, in February 2020.
The UA125×8 is a box-type broadcast lens that covers focal length ranges from a best-in-class wide-angle** of 8mm to a super-telephoto of 1000mm. It uses the company's proprietary optical technologies to achieve vivid color reproduction and high contrast, producing video with rich gradation using HDR (high dynamic range), which makes it a perfect choice for live coverage of sporting and music events.
- *As of November 13, 2019 according to Fujifilm data
- **Widest angle among box-type broadcast lenses with zoom magnification of 50× or greater as of November 13, 2019 according to Fujifilm data
The penetration of 4K-compatible large-screen television in recent years has increased opportunities for enjoying high-definition 4K video. Amidst accelerated introduction of 4K-compatible video-recording equipment, there is a growing need at the video production frontline for high-magnification zoom lens capable of capturing dynamic close-up video of a distant subject in 4K quality.
The UA125×8 can record powerful high-quality video thanks to its world’s highest 125× magnification zoom and optical performance that supports 4K video. The lens has the focal lengths of up to 1000mm on the telephoto end to capture a decisive moment of athletes far away or facial expressions and gestures of artists on stage in live concert. Having the world’s highest wide-angle focal lengths of up to 8mm means the lens can also record video showing an entire sporting or live music venue. The proprietary optical technologies make vivid color reproduction and high contrast as well as rich gradation using the HDR. The integration of high-performance optical image stabilization mechanism keeps camera steady.
Fujifilm will be showcasing this product in the “Inter BEE 2019” international broadcast equipment exhibition at Makuhari Messe in Japan from November 13 to 15, 2019.
FUJINON lenses are known for advanced descriptive performance, contributing to the evolution of imaging through their use in the production of TV programs, movies and commercials across the world. Fujifilm will continue to tap into its optical, high precision forming and assembling technologies that have been nurtured over many years to develop and supply innovative products that address the diversifying needs of broadcast production.
1. Product name, release date and price
|Product name||Release date||Price|
|Broadcast zoom lens
2. Main features
(1) World's highest 125× zoom magnification and advanced 4K-compatible optical performance
- Fujifilm has applied its cutting-edge optical technologies and precision forming / assembling technologies to achieve the world's highest 125× zoom magnification (focal length 8mm-1000mm) and 4K-compatible optical performance. The resulting capability of the lens to capture dynamic high-quality video makes it a perfect choice for live coverage of sporting and music events.
- The lens covers a wide range of focal lengths from a best-in-class wide-angle of 8mm to a super-telephoto of 1000mm. The focal lengths of up to 1000mm on the telephoto end capture a decisive moment of athletes far away or facial expressions and gestures of artists on stage in live concert. Having the world’s highest wide-angle focal lengths of up to 8mm means the lens can also record video showing an entire sporting or live music venue
(2) Advanced image-resolving capability and rich gradation of tones
- The use of aspherical and fluorite*** lens elements reduces distortion and compromised image resolution at edges, typical issues at focal lengths on the wide-angle end. The lens's floating focus system, which controls multiple lens groups according to the shooting distance, minimizes performance fluctuations at different working distances to achieve high-resolution video from close-ups to infinity.
- Fujifilm's proprietary multi-layer coating processing, known as “High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating (HT-EBC)”, is applied to enhance the light transmittance to deliver vivid color reproduction and high contrast. It enables video production of rich gradation, using HDR.
- ***Lens made of fluorite, which is characterized by reduced wavelength dispersion in light transmission and refraction. It facilitates an optical design with minimal chromatic aberration.
(3) High-performance optical image stabilization
- The lens incorporates high-performance optical image stabilization mechanism, which has gained solid reputation in high-magnification zoom lenses. It corrects camera shakes, caused by winds and swaying scaffolds, accurately and without time lag to provide stable video.
(4) Nine-blade aperture for natural bokeh
- The use of nine blades gives the aperture a shape close to perfect circle, enabling video expressions with more natural bokeh.
(5) Equipped with 16bit encoder*4
- The lens is equipped with a 16-bit encoder, capable of making high-resolution output of lens data including zoom and focal position information. It can be linked with various systems such as a virtual studio system for combining CG images with live action video.
- *4Sensor for converting position information into digital signals; Zoom and focus position data is divided in 16-bit resolution and output as electric signals.
For inquiries on information in this media release, contact:
- Media Contact:
- FUJIFILM Corporation
Corporate Communications Division
- Customer Contact:
- Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following website.