24.3MP X-Trans™ CMOS III1 APS-C sensor; X Processor Pro image processing engine; AF-C Custom Settings; high resolution and high definition 4K video recording; compact & lightweight
FUJIFILM announced today that it will launch the compact and lightweight FUJIFILM X-T20 in February 2017, complete with APS-C sized 24.3MP X-TransTM CMOS III1 sensor and X-Processor Pro image processing engine.
The updated sensor and processor, along with a reworked AF algorithm, boost the camera’s start-up time and AF performance, dramatically improving its ability to track moving subjects, while the 3.0-inch 1.04M-dot tilting touchscreen LCD monitor enables photographers to shoot from a variety of angles with ease. The X-T20 also has enhanced video functionality and is capable of capturing 4K movies with Fujifilm’s popular Film Simulation modes. In keeping with the functional design of the X Series, the X-T20 also combines an SLR-style viewfinder and dial-based operation.
Compact and lightweight body
Similar in body style to the highly-regarded FUJIFILM X-T10, the X-T20 adds a Video option to the Drive Dial to enable instantaneous switching from still photo shooting to the video recording mode. The Exposure Compensation Dial now has the C position for exposure compensation up to ±5 stops, while the LCD monitor uses a tilting touchscreen panel for intuitive operation at almost any angle. The X-T20 is also equipped with an Auto mode selector lever for selecting the fully-automatic Advanced SR Auto mode where the camera chooses the optimum settings for a given scene.
With a magnification of 0.62x2 and a display lag time of just 0.005sec, the X-T20 has a large, fast viewfinder. It offers a clear, high-definition live view image thanks to the 2.36million-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder, plus visibility has been improved by automatically controlling the finder brightness according to the ambient light levels. The body features an integral pop-up flash, positioned in the centre of the top plate. The Super Intelligent Flash automatically adjusts light output according to the scene type.
24.3MP X-TransTM CMOS III APS-C sensor + X-Processor Pro image processing engine
The X-T20 features the new ACROS Film Simulation mode, while the larger phase detection AF area and updated algorithm deliver an AF speed of 0.06 seconds3 at fastest speed. The X-T20 also offers 5.0fps live-view shooting, a quick start-up time of 0.4seconds4, shutter time lag of 0.050 seconds and shooting interval of 0.25seconds5.
AF-C Custom Settings for moving subjects
The X-T20 features AF-C Custom Settings where you can choose from five AF-C pre-sets according to the way your chosen subject is moving. The AF algorithm has been revised for improved accuracy, resulting in a dramatic improvement when tracking a moving subject in the AF-C mode.
High resolution and high definition 4K video recording
The X-T20 is capable of recording both Full HD and 4K video using the renowned Film Simulation effects synonymous with X Series cameras. Photographers can output recorded video to an external monitor via the HDMI port and input audio from an external microphone.
24 high-performance FUJINON X-mount lenses for ultimate versatility
The XF lens line-up now features 24 lenses, including the new FUJINON XF50mm F2 R WR. The current line-up of lenses range from ultra-wide angle to super-telephoto and includes five fast aperture prime lenses. These lenses bring out the very best image quality from the X-T20. Optional accessories such as mount adapters and macro extension tubes broaden the photographic potential.
Optional premium accessories (sold separately) include:
1. Leather Case BLC-XT10 - a stylish, authentic leather case with a tactile feel that suits the X-T20's classic design. With the X-T20 snugly protected, you can change batteries without removing the camera. A matching leather shoulder strap and protective cloth are included.
2. Hand Grip MHG-XT10 - to increase the camera's grip. Both battery and memory card can be swapped with the grip in place. A tripod screw hole can also be placed in the centre of the optical axis. The base parts are equipped with a 38mm width dovetail protrusion plate, allowing use as a quick shoe mount when using a dovetail groove tripod pedestal.
3. M Mount Adapter - for additional lens compatibility.
4. Macro Extension Tube MCEX-16/MCEX-11 - two tubes (16mm and 11mm) are available for fitting between the camera body and an interchangeable lens to enable high magnification macro photography.
5. Shoe Mount Flash - there are four types of Fujifilm external flash capable of high-precision TTL auto flash control. The EF-20 and EF-X20 both have a guide number of 20, while EF-42 has a guide number of 42. The latest Fujifilm external flash EF-X500 has a guide number of 50.
6. External Stereo Microphone MIC-ST1 - delivers realistic voice recordings for high-quality Full HD and 4K videos.
7. Protector Filters (PRF-39, PRF-43, PRF-46, PRF-52, PRF-58, PRF-62, PRF-67, PRF-72 and PRF-77)
8. DC coupler CP-W126
9. AC adapter AC-9V
FUJIFILM Australia National Product and Marketing Manager - Electronic Imaging, Alex Zitser, said the new X-T20 is another outstanding addition to the X Series range, once again providing outstanding photo quality thanks to its sophisticated features and advanced technology.
“The X-T20 is ideal for photographers who are keen to capture stunning images with the convenience of a compact and lightweight body that can be combined with a broad range of high performance FUJINON X Series lenses,” Mr Zitser said.
The recommended retail price for the FUJIFILM X-T20 with an XF18-55mm lens is $1,799 including GST. The X-T20 is expected to be available in Australia in late February 2017.
FUJIFILM is a world leader in imaging, information and document technologies. With a commitment to extensive research and development, FUJIFILM provides a leading edge range of products and services that incorporate proprietary technologies which contribute to the advancement of such fields as culture, science, technology and industry, as well as improved health and environment protection. Ultimately, FUJIFILM’s aim is to help enhance the quality of life for people worldwide.
P: 0417 758432 (m)
FUJIFILM Australia Pty Ltd